Wiregrass Daily News Logo

Fire Caused by Grease In Slocomb

Slocomb, AL – On April 8th, 2024, around 4:06 p.m., Slocomb Fire-Rescue swiftly responded to a structure fire at 1403 South State Highway 103, south of Slocomb. The incident was sparked by a grease fire on the stove, as reported by the 911 caller. Fortunately, all occupants evacuated safely before the firefighters arrived.

Within five minutes, Slocomb Engine 3 arrived at the scene, discovering heavy smoke billowing from a single-story residential building, which had a nearby fire hydrant for quick access to water.

Taking command of the situation, Engine 3 initiated an offensive interior attack, swiftly containing the blaze. Fadette, Hartford and Malvern Fire were on scene as well.

Thanks to their prompt response and coordinated efforts, the fire was swiftly knocked down and brought under control. Despite the successful preservation of the structure, the interior suffered significant smoke and water damage, rendering most of its contents unsalvageable.

No injuries were reported, and the community extends its gratitude to All Fire-Rescue for their bravery and efficient handling of the situation.

SHARE